7.13.2007

Sic Alps' album Pleasures & Treasures garnered the number 3 spot in Bull Tongues' top albums of 2006 and rightfully so. With this 7" they continue in that fine tradition and word from their site speaks of a new 12" on the way soon.

Sic Alps - Semi-Streets 7" After realeasing a great album's worth of fuzzed caked scuzz pop last year Sic Alps followed it up with a 7" featuring one of the most memorable songs from the album. How a song that's so dirty and speckled with grit can still stick in my head for days is beyond
me but something in it just works. They round out the 7" with three additional non-album tracks that make me eager to see what the band is going to lay out for their next release.

Download:
[MP3] Sic Alps -Semi-Streets
Bookmark and Share
posted by dissensous at 10:37:00 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandra D said...

I could be completely wrong, but that sure looks like a young Naomi Judd in that photo. She lived in Southern California in the late '60s and knocked around on the fringes of the music business out there. I think she even appeared on someone's album cover, but I can't remember whose.

3:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear God, this Sic Alps track rocks, and I thought I was allergic to rock now ...

6:49 PM  
Blogger dissensous said...

Hey Sandra, I'm pretty sure its not Naomi Judd. I cliped the face from a Portugese pharmeceutical add from the 60's but its entirely possible its her anyway. She might have been picking up some side work in Portugal, who knows.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home